I've been talking more and more here and on the Facebook page about dining excess. Not just the way we eat but in the food that is being created, glorified and shoved in our faces over and over again.
I have noticed more and more some bad decadence at work from restaurants. They are competing, I think, to see who can make us eat the worst.
Burger King's latest is a “burger” made with 4 Whopper patties, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce and pesto and is coming this month to the New York City BK Whopper Bar in Times Square.
And while I know this is a gimmick, it is also real. But why?
This 9.5" monstrosity is over 2500 calories, more than a day's worth of calories for an adult. That alone should stop you but if it doesn't:
1. There are a hundred an forty-four grams of fat in the NY Pizza Burger.
2. There are fifty-nine grams of saturated fat in the NY Pizza Burger.
3. There are 3,780 milligrams of salt in the NY Pizza Burger (more than double the daily allowance for adults).
4. You have better ways to spend thirteen dollars.
5. You do not want to be a part of the culinary suicide that Americans are committing.
6. You want to be a role model for healthy eating.
7. Your stomach just turned at the idea of this culinary travesty.
8. You value your health, both now and in the future.
9. You do not want to participate in the methane production related to making that much meat and dairy – if in fact there is real meat and dairy used in that product.
10. You don’t have an interest in financially supporting the fast food industry’s belief that they can get rich by feeding America death-food.
I hate fast food in general, but when I see examples of garbage like this being served and idolized as food, it makes me crazy.
Do not Eat This
Tiny Green Bubble