Policy

Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu for the Week - 4-19-10

Menu for the Week:

- Spinach-basil-vegan ricotta lasagna

- Pesto pizza with onions, garlic, broccoli, olives & sun-dried tomatoes

- Spring vegetable minestrone made with homemade veggie stock

- Spice Roasted Tofu fillets with Israeli vegetable couscous

- Lentil loaf with mashed potatoes, gravy and sauteed greens

Some of these were holdovers from last week. What we had planned made a lot of food. We did really well with not eating out too. I did meet a friend for lunch one day and then we grabbed veggie cheeseless pizza on Friday night because I was home late but other than that, it was all homemade. And delicious.

We made the lasagna last night for dinner and then froze individual portions for lunches the rest of the week. I also made 12 cups of veggie stock which we froze in 4 cup portions to use for the minestrone and just to have.

I really love planning the meals for the week on the weekend and them shopping and cooking on Sunday.

I also made Lavender sables (french butter cookies) with EarthBalance and they came out just the same as with cow's milk butter. And I made my first loaf of Irish Soda Bread which we had for breakfast with a delicious tofu-onion-red pepper scramble and with the lasagna for dinner. I plan on baking more on the weekends too, like I used to.

I'll be adding recipes here but also to the notes section of the Facebook page, so be sure to go by and "fan" it to get all the updates - www.facebook.com/TheDailyCoop.

No comments: